Friday, June 14, 2013
|Photo Source: Goldstar|
- Tampax/Always sample size packages of products (3)
- Paperback romance novels, "Waking Up Married" by Mira Lyn Kelly & "Tempted" by Megan Hart (2)
- Honest brand organic juice (1)
- Shampoo & conditioner samples from Salma Hayek's line Nuance (2, 2 fl. oz. each)
- Small packets of Sweet n' Low (2)
- Travel size Dickinson's Witch Hazel pore perfecting toner
- 1ColorProof's CrazySmooth extreme shine hair treatment oil (1, 10mL sample size)
- GoMacro Granola + Coconut Macrobar (1, .9 oz.)
- Miss Jessie's Jelly Soft Curls (1, 1 fl. oz.)
- A bunch of paper advertising
Thursday, June 13, 2013
You're invited to...
Elegance for All
A ModCloth Pop-up Shop
featuring clothes for women of ALL sizes!
Curvy fashionistas rejoice - ModCloth will be introducing their new Plus Size collection at this event! (Regular sizes will also be available.)
What to expect:
- Darling clothing & accessories available in all sizes
- Fun DIY activities
- A $100 gift card contest
- In-person style advice from the ModStylists
- Free ModCloth tote with each purchase
Friday, June 14th, 2013 | 6-8pm
509 W. 34th Street (10th/11th Ave), 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10001
Credit cards only.
Kindly RSVP at: http://eleganceforall.eventbrite.com/
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
|Original Photo Credit: Huffington Post|
- Tees & Polo's: Regular $65, Embellished $75
- Sleeveless/Short Sleeve Tops & All Bottoms: $85
- Cardigans, Tunics, & Long-sleeve Blouses: $95
- Sweaters $125
- Dresses/Kaftans: $150
- Blazers & Sequin Items: $195
- Outerwear: $225
- Leather & Suede: $250
- Shoes: $75-$150
- Handbags: $95-$295
Sunday, June 9, 2013
I took a trip down to discount department store Century 21 in the Financial District last week. Overall, I was really impressed with their current stock! They had all of my favorite items from my fave designers' past seasons. Take a look at a few of my best finds:
1. Dresses by Issa London
Long Sleeve: $199, Short Sleeve: $99
It's one of Kate Middleton's favorite brands at less than half the retail price! I just adored these summery designs that were very Emilio Pucci-esque. The fits are very flattering and it's easy to slip into a smaller size than what you'd normally wear. They only had some US 4s, 6s, and smaller sizes.
2. Sleeveless Top by Kate Spade
This tennis ball print was my absolute favorite from her collections over the past couple years. I was sad to have never gotten anything from it, since I'm an avid pro tennis fan! Sadly, Century21 had many of these tops in stock, but only in Size 00.
3. Kate Spade Tunic Top
Long Sleeve Top: $200
I absolutely loved all the small details on this top - the picture doesn't do it justice! There are gorgeous mirrored parts, pink and orange tassels, and some fine embroidery work. It just screams "fun in the sun"! While $200 wouldn't be unheard of for a nice cocktail dress, it's a little too much (in my opinion) for a casual top. So, unfortunately I had to pass up on this one. I'm wondering if it could inspire another DIY project though :)
4. New York City Embroidered Pillow
Pillow (insert included): $60
This immediately reminded me of those fabulous Cat Studio pillows I've seen in the windows of many Madison Avenue boutiques. Unfortunately, those will run you about $158 each. This definitely seemed like an excellent alternative! The NYC one's very cute, but I didn't see any other cities.
5. "Come and Get it" Throw Pillow
I didn't catch the price on this one, but I've seen similar styles (probably by the same company) on Dormify at full price for $89. So, it must be less than that. It's not something I would personally splurge on, but it made me giggle because it's so Selena Gomez - worthy. I definitely had her song stuck in my head after I saw it.
6. Ornate Initial Necklace
Gold or Silver Tone: $13
I've seen a bunch of initial jewelry in this style lately at a much higher price point. So, I thought these were an absolute bargain! They only had about 7 different letters though - including S, T, J, L, M, and A - from what I remember. Sadly, V's just not too common.
7. Izak Patent & Canvas Totes
Totes: $32 each
These totes really impressed me. First of all, any designs by Izak are absolutely adorable. They are so feminine and chic. What makes these bags even better is that they seem like the super high quality you'd get from a similar type of bag by Rebecca Minkoff or Tory Burch. So, I was absolutely shocked when I saw the price tag. What a steal! It's really the perfect summer bag for daytime in the city or at the beach!
8. Juicy Couture Cities iPad 3 Cover
iPad Cover: $19.99
I had admired this case for a while after seeing it on Juicy's website and on ASOS (Full Retail Value: $58). Unfortunately, by the time it went on sale, I believe Juicy was sold out of the London one and ASOS was sold out of all of them. I was thrilled to see these at Century21 because, like the Kate Spade top, they were from several seasons back. I only saw two of the designs - the London one and the Beijing one. The Beijing one was absolutely charming too! I was looking after my wallet today, so this case was the only item I brought home. I absolutely love it!
Saturday, June 8, 2013
- Dresses $100 ($119 for the Wendy Dress)
- Tops $70, L/S Tees: $35
- Blazers $80
- Pants, Shoes, & Totes $60 ($29 Shoreline Totes, but I snagged the very last one)
- iPhone 4/4s Cases $19 (there were no 5 Cases)
- Sorority Bangle Bracelets $19 (no non-sorority)
- Scarves $30 (mainly sorority Murfettes)
Here's a look at my haul below. I felt like I picked up the best of what was left. Which item is your fave?